Friday, March 3, 2017

Quinoa Rice Recipe

Quinoa Rice
So I literally buy a quinoa rice blend at Aldi, but if you don’t have access to that. You can just blend it with your favorite quinoa and rice, or one or the other. I make it as the bag says, and add my flavoring. You can eat this with EVERY meal. Below I will tell you how I use this for my FAVORITE breakfast! I try to keep a batch made in the fridge at all times, because it goes with everything, and it’s just so good!
            Ingredients:
          1 Cup Quinoa and/or rice blend of your choice
            2 Cups water
            Juice from ½ lemon
            Salt to taste
            Garlic powder to taste

Cooking Instructions:
I cook this by the directions on the bag. It says to pour quinoa rice blend into boiling salted water, cover, lower heat, and cook for about 15 min. or until almost all of the water in absorbed. You will then let it sit for about 5 mins to soak up the rest of the water. Once I remove mine from the heat to let sit, I add my lemon juice and seasonings so that they soak up into the quinoa and rice. With the lemon juice, salt, and garlic; this will pair with ANYTHING!



My All-Time Favorite Breakfast, Plant-Based or Otherwise:
All I do is heat up some leftover quinoa rice blend until warm. (NOT LONG) I cut a few little grape tomatoes (about 5 or so) in half, and cube an avocado. I just put those babies on my warm quinoa rice, add a little salt and pepper to taste, and for added nutrients I sprinkle a tablespoon of milled flax seed and a handful of sunflower seeds on top. BOOM! Best. Breakfast. Ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment