Friday, March 3, 2017

Smashed Potatoes Recipe

Smashed Potatoes

           
I love these things sooo much! Can we say comfort food? I was always a French fry lover, but as with my plant-based diet I’m trying to eat clean as well. These delicious crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside salty treats seriously hit the spot! You can eat them as is, or you can top them with ANY number of things! (sautéed mushrooms and onions, beans, cabbage, greens, anything!)

           

Ingredients:
          Golden potatoes (you can also use red, but I love the golden)
            Olive oil
            Seasonings to taste (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder)





Cooking instructions:
Bake your potatoes in the microwave, or however you would prefer, until soft. I usually microwave mine for about 5 mins. It really just depends on the size of your potatoes. I will start at about 3 minutes, and then 1 minute each time until they are done. Once they are done you want to take something with a flat bottom (I usually use a glass) and gently smash your potatoes. PLEASE be careful not to burn yourself. These potatoes are hot right out of the microwave! Turn the stove on med-high, put some olive oil in a skillet, and brown your potatoes on either side. Be aware that with the heat that high, the olive oil can get smoky! I season mine while they are in the skillet. That is it, they are done! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment